Conferences and Events
We have beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces that are perfect for your special event, whether your needs are distinctive or intimate, formal or relaxed.
The Lagoon Room is well suited for banquets, celebrations and cocktail receptions for up to 160 guests.
For bigger events seating 200 people, you can gather under our weather resistant Botega tent.
For a more casual and intimate celebration under the African sky for 2 to 100 people, our private beach overlooking the Hawaan nature reserve is unrivalled for a unique experience whether for a wedding, business meeting, team building or company lunch.
With our years of experience in event management, we will make sure your next event goes off without a hitch. Please call (031) 561 2271 or email to inquire about availability, and our experienced event coordinator Meegan, will contact you within 48 hours.
The Resort gardens lends themselves to photographic shoots which may be booked through the event coordinator.
Our Day Conference Package includes tea/coffee/muffins on arrival as well as mid-morning and mid-afternoon tea/coffee/snacks; a two-course lunch; venue hire; pencils, notepads, mineral water and mints. Open WIFI and a drop-down screen together with a flip chart with markers are also included.
Sound equipment, data projector, DVD, video and video conferencing is available at an additional charge.
Conference Ice Breakers
We have fun Culinary Ice Breakers to invigorate your delegates throughout the day or as a short activity to wake them up!
You may also incorporate making part of your lunch as a team bonding exercise.
There are lots of options to choose from.
Culinary Team Building
Gecko Culinary Adventures has a new home at Breakers Resort in Umhlanga Rocks.
We host small groups as we used to, but can now also host up to 120 people or more!
We have swopped our sea view from the Berea for an amazing view and experience bordering on the Hawaan forest and nature reserve.
Chef Jesse and his team continue to facilitate these fun culinary experiences, so contact us to book your date.
Depending on your requirements, we have many options for your events!
- The Lagoon Room, newly renovated holds up to 160 people:
- Botega Tent, weather resistant, formally seats 220:
- The Private Beach overlooks the Hawaan nature reserve can seat up to 100 people. The beach is partially undercover and has a power outlet.
We can also fit a vehicle or two under Botega for a car launch!
You can rely on excellent planning, a choice of creative spaces and sublime food at your meeting with us.
- The cool grey Lagoon Conference Room with Persian carpets is intimate and formal.
- For an informal working meeting, bring your team to meet under the Botega Tent and order from our restaurant, Beach Garden Cafe.
- Do business on The Private Beach with our scenic view of the Hawaan nature reserve. Power for AV equipment and sound is available there too.